1. I am experiencing an audio delay (latency) while watching videos. Is it okay?
The model X5 doesn't feature AptX Low Latency codec as it is made mostly for physical activities where video is not required.
The latency is a common issue for all Bluetooth devices without AptX Low Latency codec (can reach 0.5 - 2 seconds) and is not a product defect.
Make sure that:
1. The earbuds are chosen as the main recipient of sound in the tech settings on your source device.
2. The earbuds were paired correctly (first one earbud, then the other).
Along with that, try to watch video from other devices and applications as sometimes these issues can occur while using certain streaming apps on the device.
2. Only one earbud produces sound during a call. Is it a defect?
This is common for most Bluetooth headphones and this is not a defect. Only the main (right) earbud will produce sound during phone calls.
This is designed this way for safety reasons and to allow you to hear outside sounds with your left ear. Older models of earbuds have not been updated with this safety regulation.
When you are using the left earbud separately, some remote controls (answer/reject call, volume up/down, etc.) will not be available.
However, the 2020 Upgraded version supports binaural call (the sound goes from both earbuds during a call).
3. Can I use the earbuds separately?
Yes, two earbuds can be used separately with two different devices. You can charge one of the earbuds in a charging dock while listening to the music on another one. Then you can swap them. Please, note that when you are using left earbud separately, some remote controls (answer/reject call, volume up/down, etc.) will not be available.
Note that if the source devices (one for each earbud) are close enough, you’ll need to turn off one earbud and the Bluetooth for that device while connecting the other so that they do not pair together.
4. Can I use a wall charger?
It is recommended to charge the earbuds using the USB port of the laptop, PC or power bank.
However, if you'd like to use a wall charger, make sure that its output voltage is 5V and its capacity is at least 0.5 Ah (500 mAh). These specifications are printed on any wall charger.
5. How can I remove low battery warning?
There is no way to remove the low battery warning except to charge the earphones. This feature is intended to prevent over-discharge which may negatively affect the battery life.
6. Can I turn off the flashing LED light?
It can't be disabled. This is a common feature for Bluetooth earbuds.
7. Is driver/app needed to connect?
There is no need to download any special apps to connect the X5 to the device. The earphones seamlessly pair with all Bluetooth-enabled devices.
The earphones can be paired with any TV, iOS, or Android devices via Bluetooth technology.
8. How to adjust minimum volume level?
To reduce volume, adjust the equalizer on your device and check if there are no installed apps for managing the sound which may affect volume level.
9. How long is the battery life? Can you clarify this question?
Each X5 earbud is capable of about 6 hours of playtime. The charging case gives 4 additional full charges for the earbuds under the condition that the case was preliminarily fully charged, so you don`t have to seek for the power source.
When you have fully charged the earbuds and the case, you will have up to 30 hours of reasonable use (no talking, music 50-60% volume, no apps). You will get around 22 hours of ordinary use - loud music, phone calls, voice assistants (Siri, GVS) or about 4 hours of extensive use on one charge.
Note that the signal strength can shorten the average playtime (e.g. when you are far away from the source device, or if there are a lot of obstacles or something interferes with the signal).
10. Do the earbuds support multipoint connection (i.e. pairing with 2 devices at a time)?
The TREBLAB X5 earbuds are not enabled with a multi-point connection function. They can remember Bluetooth connection with multiple devices but can be connected only to one device at a time.
11. Is there any software updates offered for the X5?
The Bluetooth module in the TREBLAB earbuds speaker adheres to the Bluetooth SIG protocols, and therefore there are no software updates offered.
12. Is the microphone windproof?
The microphone is not windproof. The TREBLAB X5 earbuds have СVС 6.0 noise-cancellation technology in the built-in Mic to make phone conversations clearer.
13. Which Bluetooth class does the X5 have?
The TREBLAB X5 have BT 4.2.
Class 2 (up to 10 meters/ 33 feet).
However, the 2020 Upgraded version is featured with BT 5.0.
14. What voice commands support do X5 have?
The TREBLAB X5 are equipped with a built-in microphone and can be used as a headset.
The following features are supported:
- Answer/End call
- Reject call
Note that the TREBLAB X5 also support Siri and Google Assistant.
15. Do these support aptX?
The TREBLAB X5 earbuds don't support Qualcomm aptX technology.
16. What is Passive noise cancellation and CVC 6.0 technology?
The TREBLAB X5 feature Passive Noise Cancellation to help dismiss the din of the outside world. Passive noise-cancelling is also known as noise isolation and it works by blocking some background noise because the shape of the earbuds forms a seal inside your ears that helps to prevent noise from getting in. As a result, finding the correct size expandable foam ear tips is key for blocking out unwanted sound.
In addition, TREBLAB has СVС 6.0 noise-cancellation technology and a built-in Mic to make phone conversations clearer.
17. How to pair Apple Watch with the X5 earbuds?
1. The Apple Watch can only use its own ‘Music’ app. To make it play music, we have to export music from iTunes to the iPhone ‘Music’ app.
2. Create a playlist on iTunes (iPhone or Desktop), and add music to it.
3. Open the ‘Apple Watch’ app on the iPhone, then select Music > Synchro list. Select your created playlist, then copy the music to Apple Watch (providing there is enough available storage).
4. Set the iPhone to ‘flight mode,’ and ensure the iPhone disconnects from the Apple Watch entirely.
5. Turn on the X5 and activate Pairing mode.
6. Go to Apple Watch ‘setting’ > ‘Bluetooth’ > ‘Device’ > click the X5 pairing name ‘TREBLAB X5’ > Connected.
7. Go to the Apple Watch ‘Music’ app, and you’ll see: “cannot use iPhone playlist”. Now, please select “Force Touch”. No matter which music source you selected, it’s OK: the Apple Watch becomes a separate music player, with no need for iPhone help.
NOTE: the Apple Watch cannot use its own speaker to play music, so when X5 is not powered on or connected, it will inform you to choose a receiving device.
After connecting, your Apple Watch can’t call, only can listen to music, because the Apple watch can not use the SIM card.
If you still have a question for our Customer Support regarding the performance or functionality of the X5 model, please click Contact Us.
If you experience any technical issue with your product, please click here.
If you want to return the product you don't like, please click here.
If you experience any issues with the delivery of your product, please click here.