To pair the speaker with your device successfully, make sure the speaker is not charging when you connect it to your device and that the following conditions are met:
- Proper environment (no antennas, steel, a lot of other BT devices nearby)
- Straight path (no solid obstructions between your device and the speaker: walls, a lot of furniture, etc.)
- The distance between them is less than 33 feet / 10 meters.
- The speaker is not low on battery.
Try to pair the speaker with another device and see the result.
NOTE 1: You can only connect and play audio from 1 device at a time, so make sure the speaker is not paired with any other device. Please turn the Bluetooth off on devices that the speaker was paired with previously as it will automatically try to connect to the last connected device in a list.
NOTE 2: If you were using your speaker in TWS mode previously (pairing two speakers together) you may want to check to see if the speaker in question is not currently in TWS mode. Disable the TWS mode by pressing and holding the VOLUME + and VOLUME - buttons simultaneously on one of the speakers while both speakers are ON until you hear the “Disconnected” voice prompt indicating the connection is lost.
Please take the extra step of performing a reset:
1. Turn OFF the HD7 and charge it for at least 30 min.
2. Make sure the AUX cable is not plugged in.
3. Disconnect the device from your speaker and remove HD7 from your device’s pairing list by clicking on “Forget this device”.
4. Reboot your device.
5. Turn ON the speaker.
6. Press the VOLUME + and VOLUME - buttons simultaneously and hold for 1 second.
7. Repeat the steps for pairing.
Once reset is done, please repeat STEP 1.
If the issue still persists and you require assistance further, please click Contact Us. We will help!