Important: One full battery charge provides up to 12 hours of playtime at maximum volume and up to 25 hours at 50% volume.
If your speaker doesn't hold a charge as mentioned above, please do the following:
1) Clean the charging port and the cable " head" with a small soft brush to remove debris.
2) Try to charge the speaker for at least 3 hours with another charging cable/power source/adaptor (if available).
If the issue was resolved with another charging cable, please check another section "Defective charging cable".
Note 1: High humidity and extreme temperatures can cause the deformation of the device and affect its battery performance.
Note 2: If your speaker is more than 1 year old, its battery life may be reduced due to the natural lifecycle of the Li-ion battery.
Note 3: If you use the speaker in the TWS mode (True Wireless Stereo), i.e. pairing two speakers together, note that the Master speaker discharges about 2 times faster.
Please perform the following reset:
1. Turn OFF the HD7 and charge it for at least 30 min.
2. Make sure the AUX cable is not plugged in.
3. Disconnect the device from your speaker and remove HD7 from your device’s pairing list by clicking on “Forget this device”.
4. Reboot your device.
5. Turn ON the speaker.
6. Press the VOLUME + and VOLUME - buttons simultaneously and hold for 1 second.
7. Repeat the steps for pairing.
Once the reset is complete, please fully charge your speaker and test its battery performance.
If the issue still persists and you require our assistance further, please click Contact Us. We will help.