1) All the headphones with the dynamic drivers need to be burnt in. Please leave the earbuds playing some music at 75% volume for about 15 hours (will need a couple of recharges). This will allow them to sound as it was designed. If you do not want to wait, the sound will equalize itself during the normal operation after some time.
2) Check the equalizer and application preset on your device. To set the equalizer, typically, for a mobile, it is - settings - music - equalizer. However, it depends on the brand of your device. Also, there are many equalizer apps available to download.
Keep in mind that the bitrates of the track could dramatically reduce the sound quality.
3) Make sure the following conditions are met:
- Proper environment (no antennas, steel, or multiple other devices nearby)
- Clear path (no solid obstructions: walls, furniture, etc.)
- You’re not carrying any other electronics on you (no walkie-talkies, etc.)
- The earbuds are not low on power.
4) Clean the earbuds and the ear tips by the following steps:
- make sure the earbuds are turned off and disconnected from your device or any power source
- take a clean, slightly damp washcloth and wipe down the earbuds/foam ear tips (We recommend using either just water or a specially designed cleaning fluid sold for electronics). Alternatively, you can use special cleaning wipes for electronics
- dry the earbuds/foam ear tips thoroughly
- to clean the silicone ear tips, just remove them carefully, create a solution of warm soapy water, and wipe them down with a washcloth or fully submerge them in water.
Please note that even the best earbuds can sound awful and quickly become uncomfortable if they're too loose, too tight, or aren't seated well in your ear.
If you are still unsatisfied with the sound quality, please click Contact Us. We will gladly assist you!