Important: If you use the speaker in TWS mode (pairing two speakers together), kindly check another section "TWS mode: Sound cutting in and out".
To fix the connection issue of one speaker, please make sure the speaker is not charging at the moment and follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1) Make sure the following conditions are met:
- Proper environment (no antennas, steel, a lot of other BT devices nearby)
- Straight path (no solid obstructions between your device and the HD77: walls, a lot of furniture, etc.)
- The distance between them is less than 33 feet / 10 meters.
- The speaker is not running out of power.
2) If the issue persists, please:
- check the speaker with another device.
- check it via both Bluetooth and LINE-IN mode.
NOTE: Make sure the speaker is not paired with any other device, as it can only pair with 1 device at a time. Please turn the Bluetooth off on other devices that the speaker was paired previously as it will automatically try to connect to the last connected device in a list.
Kindly troubleshoot your speaker by the following steps:
1. Turn off the HD77 and charge it for at least 30 min.
2. Make sure the AUX cable is not plugged in.
3. Go to the Bluetooth menu on your source device and delete "Treblab" from the list by clicking on “Forget this device”.
4. Reboot your device.
5. Turn on the speaker.
6. Press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons on the HD77 simultaneously for 5 seconds.
7. Repeat the steps for pairing.
Once reset is done, please repeat STEP 1.
If the issue still persists and you want our further assistance, please click Contact Us. We will help!